The cat i' the adage

"The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement" Karl Popper (1902 - 1994)

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Conservative spokesman understands the cause of the London bombings

I return without apology to the remarks of the Shadow Attorney General, Dominic Grieve:

I have to say that I find the suicide bombings totally explicable in terms of the level of anger which many members of the Muslim community seem to have about a large number of things.


By the same token, I might say that I find the rise in hate crimes since the bombings totally explicable in terms of the level of anger in the non-Muslim community, if it did not sound as if I were condoning the violence.

I really do wonder if the Conservatives are any use at all any more.

1 Comments:

At 4 August 2005 at 19:41, Blogger Jorgen said...

The way forward for the Tories is to tell the Muslims to actively support the war on Islamic extremism or else take the consequences. Appeasing religious fanatics is a losing policy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home